Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a First or Second yearApprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic or are mechanically inclined and looking for an opportunity to be indentured into the trade. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing road maintenance and paving equipment for various highway maintenance sites.
Join the Ledcor Civil team in Grande Prairie, AB.Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance and repair of earthmoving and paving equipment such as John Deere loaders, John Deere Graders, Dynapac rollers, and Plow/Sanding trucks
- Must be comfortable with equipment servicing as it will be a large component of this job
- Engages and participates in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Performs preventative maintenance including filter and lube services and inspections
- Diagnoses faults or malfunctions and repairs or replaces defective parts, components, or systems
- Writes service reports
- Interprets work orders and technical manuals
- Performing breakdown repairs on mostly engine and powertrain, including some electrical hydraulic and undercarriage
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be a registered Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority or be willing to be indentured into the trade
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to provide a valid driver's abstract
- Applicants that reside in Grande Prairie or the surrounding area will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 5/2 shift rotation working 8-10 hour days
- Overtime work available
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will primarily be conducted in various shop environments, with occasional work outside in various weather conditions
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!