Full Time Regular Job Summary
Are you looking to build a career as a Line Technician responsible for the installation of aerial and underground cabling? We will support your growth and development with an industry leading training program that allows you to grow your career.
You're a Journeyman Aerial Line Technician with experience in leading a Line crew. You'll be a part of a team that enjoys working outside, constructing the backbone for telecommunication services. As a Lineperson you will be working with tools and compressors whether you are in a bucket truck, on the ground, or working in a confined space.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Perform pole meets and transfers, splicing copper 25 pair to 600 pair and placing aerial cable plant
- Build out customer network with fiber optic cabling in both underground and aerial applications
- Preparation of existing underground conduit systems by use of compressors and rodding to ensure that placing crews have continuity to place cables
- Pulling of underground cables in subdivisions or main way conduit systems
- Pulling of underground copper and fiber residential cables from existing conduit systems to residential homes
- Placement of aerial support structure (poles and steel strand) to accommodate placement of new fiber optic cables
- 5+ years of experience as a lineman with experience supporting fibre and copper infrastructure
- Experience working in a hands-on role working with tools and equipment
- Experience in MS squared and MR1 splicing tools
- Ability to climb poles with hooks and belt is required
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to read and understand customer provided drawings along with daily completion of time and production logs
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol requirements
- Travel to various sites across Alberta is required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted