Full Time Regular Job Summary
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations by developing and monitoring project performance against project plans / schedules / budgets(estimates) to ensure the project is completed on time, meets Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) HS&E requirements and within budget for multiple projects within the LTS group. The position requires a strong team player with excellent communication and computer skills with initiative and the ability to work independently and managing multiple deadlines.
Join Ledcor in Calgary today!Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting estimators for all potential projects including, RFPs, bid walks with customers and field supervisors for the purpose of providing a quote to build, place, splice, BAU work.
- Organize and leverage pricing from sub-contractors (Strategic Partners), civil, aerial and underground placing, splicing and testing to place together bid documentation.
- Solicits and Awards subcontracts for specific work scopes as required.
- Acts as the main point of contact with the client / owner and protects LTS and the owner's interest in carrying out the work.
- Responsible for the installation / commissioning of wireline networks and coordination of existing technicians / line crews as required.
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual opportunities.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and work meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Develops and updates the construction schedules and project plans.
- Maintains and tracks costs and billings and reports regularly on variances from expectations against the budget and schedule.
- Tracks financials, trends and presents monthly results to team members (Project Admin, Field Supervisors, etc.)
- Provides strong leadership to all project members; capitalizing on individual and group strengths.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Construction Management or other relevant Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5-10 years in Wireline construction projects as a Project Manager and in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role.
- Must have a solid understanding of the nuances of wireline builds and an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to complete an end to end wireline project (Design & Permit Review, Civil Construction, Placing Aerial / Underground, Splicing, Testing).
- Proven experience with managing sub-contractors and self-perform teams.
- Experienced in fiber installation, splicing, testing is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities within multiple phase projects and possess a track record of successfully managing large, complex projects.
- Excellent computer skills will be required including familiarity with Microsoft Office, HCSS, P3/P5 and JDE.
- Ability to manage a widespread team and provide valuable mentorship.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the proven ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and see projects through from inception to completion.
- Able to manage multiple projects and details concurrently.
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and manage teams to achieve the company's goals.
- Contract negotiation / management skills / business development.
- Knowledge of construction project costs and budgets.
- Ability to build a strong health and safety conscious culture in the work site.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually.
- Travel to work sites throughout the province of Alberta will be required.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted