Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Project Manager with a background in infrastructure projects, such as roads, bridges, railway and LRT. As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations by developing and monitoring project performance against project plans / schedules to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
Join our True Blue team in Mississauga, today!Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post secondary education in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Professional Engineering designation preferred.
- PMP designation is preferred.
- 5-10 years of related experience on a infrastructure projects, such as roads, bridges, railway and LRT.
- Familiar with infrastructure construction methodology and practices.
- Proven ability to plan and manage contracts to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets with superior contract negotiation skills.
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting.
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
- Capacity to respond to stakeholder requests and an ability to communicate complex information clearly and in appropriate style.
- Willingness to actively share experience and ideas with team.
- Capable of identifying straightforward problems, generating possible solutions and assessing those solutions against standard procedures or guidelines.
- Site based position.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!