Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced leader of design or engineering staff, responsible for design, construction or supportive roles related to the design and build of telecommunications networks. You possess well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership abilities, client management skills and are able to lead and grow a team of designers.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Mississauga, ON, in this exciting and dynamic role.Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of support staff and designers, including performance management and training
- Review design drawings prepared by others for design compliance and constructability
- Perform general administrative duties including the review and distribution of documentation through document control; maintenance of logs, drawings, and submittals
- Perform bill-of-material take-offs and support materials management team
- Interface with construction on behalf of designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered and field changes are resolved in timely manner
- Perform verification of construction as-builts, manage extra work deliverables and resolve design versus as-built quantities
- Manage requests for information (RFIs) between design, construction and clients
- Hold a strong understanding of contracting practices including management of rate cards, tracking and reporting of work performing, extra work and change requests
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Other duties as required
- 10+ years' experience in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 5+ years managing or leading engineers or designers
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial)
- Though this role is primarily an office based role there will be some expected overnight travel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted