Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are dynamic Industrial Relations or Human Resources professional early in your career. As the Industrial Relations Analyst you will collaborate with others within the department to build internal/external relationships, provide knowledge and develop expertise through the service and programs provided throughout the company. The Industrial Relations Analyst assists with collective bargaining, labour market research/analysis, grievance management and negotiations to effectively support Ledcor's competitive advantage.
Please join our Industrial Relations team inVancouver, BC today!Responsibilities
- Contribute to the research, administration and distribution of Industrial Relations documents including but not exclusive to wage schedules, meeting minutes, summaries, presentations, Collective Agreements and their associated documents involving unionized employees
- Assist in the collective bargaining pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing to develop the strategy and obtain leadership approval on the mandate
- Facilitate the completion of external and internal wage and benefit surveys involving unionized employees
- Assist in the Bid/Estimating process related to Labour strategies and applicable market research/data
- Research grievances, labour relations standards, plus other work-related legislation as assigned
- Advise management of potential employee issues and assist with the investigation and research required to work through employee issues and grievances.
- Schedule and participate in regular Labour Management Meetings with Site Management, Union Representatives and Stewards.
- Research and conduct comparative analysis of internal and external Collective Agreements and other specific project related documents to arrive at usable market data
- Assist with Labour Board certification processes when required
- Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of internal processes for the efficient and consistent Industrial Relations application across all the company
- Responsible for the maintenance of various documentation including the bi-monthly IR Bulletin, reports and weekly / monthly summary documents
- Act as point of contact for internal and external Industrial Relations related inquiries
- Interface with Union Representatives on employee related matters including progressive discipline, grievances, wages, working conditions
- Establish an external network of professional contacts in order to remain current on Industrial Relation trends
- Maintain a positive working relationship between the Industrial Relations department and other business units
- Assist Industrial Relations Administration with requests from unionized employees for employment information as required.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Diploma or Degree with Human Resources or Industrial Relations specialization
- 3-5 years of experience in an Industrial Relations or Human Resources role with experience supporting a unionized workforce
- Aptitude to develop business skills by broadening one's understanding of internal and external drivers with an ability to learn on the fly and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and achieve results by planning ahead, managing time efficiently, setting priorities effectively, sharing pertinent information and collaborating with others
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain and encourage safety practices on all Ledcor business
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!