Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're an experienced Project Manager with 5 years' experience leading construction projects, guiding staff, implementing the project plan, ensuring safety and quality control. You have a proven track record for meeting budgets, schedules and scope for a demanding projects and clients.
You will be supporting a national client with projects across Canada, requiring extensive travel for your assigned project's duration.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Creates and/or facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Previous experience as a project manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role; managing several small projects
- Completed post-secondary education in construction, engineering or related discipline an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology
- Strong negotiation/management skills
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule for multiple projects
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs, and identify solutions to non-routine queries
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Ability to influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching and consensus-building
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- This role has a combination of both field and office work and you should be comfortable working in both environments
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!