Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a seasoned Superintendent with over 8 years of field operations experience, in a leadership capacity, working in multi-disciplinary large-scale residential high rise or mixed use construction projects. You are recognized as an expert in the commercial construction industry and have a proven track record of project successes. You will be responsible for executing construction projects according to Ledcor's high safety and quality standards. You're a natural leader with the ability to delegate work to field staff, contractors, and tradespeople.
You will be supporting a national client with projects across Canada, requiring extensive travel for your assigned project's duration.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project
- Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities; ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual
- 8+ years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role on large-scale residential high rise or mixed use construction projects
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; strong working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Facilitation and mentoring skills-ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- this position requires extensive travel
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!