Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a specialized Labour Relations Professional with 13+ years of experience working in large unionized organizations. You will be responsible for providing industrial relations leadership to Business Units across Ledcor as well as directly overseeing and implementing the delivery of the labour relations strategy. In addition, you will provide analysis, training, coaching and advice to leadership teams in the consistent application and interpretation of collective agreements across one or multiple business units and geographic locations.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team!
This position will be located in Mississauga, ON. Join Ledcor today!Responsibilities
- Partners and consults with business leadership across the company to understand organizational and Labour Relations requirements, developing and managing IR strategies and delivery model to support business needs while consistently applying current industry practices and procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding interpretation, compliance, administration and implementation related to Collective Agreement(s) terms and conditions to resolve complex business issues.
- Manages internal IR processes to ensure the efficient and consistent delivery of LR services in support of the company's business goals and objectives.
- Providesleadership and coaching to LR team members, as required.
- Manages and contributes to the collective bargaining committee in preparing research and costing models for bargaining proposals, providing guidance on strategy and obtaining the leadership approval on mandates
- Acts as or assists Chief Spokesperson for negotiations/collective bargaining of Collective Agreements and associated documents.
- Ensures that negotiations are properly documented and manages any Labour Board issues as required.
- Provides expert advice and coaching to all levels of management and HR on proper handling of union management issues including terminations, discipline, grievances and employee issues.
- Monitors discipline to ensure Corporate consistency.
- Interfaces with Union Representatives and consults with internal and external labour legal counsel to address employee issues as necessary.
- Conducts major investigations and fact finding on employees and LR issues, assisting HR as required.
- 13+ years of experience in a Labour Relations or Human Resources role with experience supporting unionized or organized workforce
- Proven experience building and maintaining cooperative and consultative working relationships with leaders/employees at all levels of the organization, as well as with Labour Partners, and representatives of external agencies/Unions
- Strong external network of professional contacts, leveraged to remain current on Industrial Relations trends in order to respond to labour issues, grievances, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
- Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship building skills
- Proven technical skills in Industrial Relations - Collective Bargaining, Agreement administration, interpretation and market research/analysis
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders and other shared services to manage expectations effectively
- Ability to present ideas effectively and persuasively in both written and oral form, including preparation and presentation of briefs and reports
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to establish plus maintain tight deadlines; ability to manage diversity and demanding workloads while juggling multiple workforces
- Versed in business acumen and industry knowledge with the ability to translate market factors into recommendations based on sound research and analytical practices supported by corporate financial knowledge.
- Possess exceptional computer skills and experience working with HRIS
- Requires approximately 25% travel within North America
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!