Full Time Regular Job Summary
We are seeking individuals for the Installation of hybrid fibre-coaxial and fibre optic cable in London, ON. Working with a variety of cabling types and have both underground and aerial cable placing experience. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting existing infrastructure as well as placing new.Responsibilities
- Installing cable in manhole-to-manhole duct systems and troubleshooting existing cable infrastructure
- Perform rodding & roping, jetting, and pulling and lashing techniques on various types of cable
- Working to meet installation deadlines
- As a part of meeting customer and project requirements, technicians may be required, from time to time, to travel on extended work assignments (ranging 2-6 weeks) away from home
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with tools
- A strong technical aptitude
- Aerial Work Platform training is an asset
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize, and organize work with little direction
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug, and alcohol screening
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Adhere to Ledcor's strict safety practices in a "Think Safety, Work Safely" environment.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted