Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Paver Operator with previous highway construction experience looking for a role with a competitive wage, great benefits, and a reputation for safety that is second to none. You will be running CAT and Cedar Rapid pavers alongside our Highway Construction crew on various road building projects throughout Alberta.
Join the Ledcor Highways Construction team on various projects throughout Alberta! Responsibilities
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspection
- Operate all functions and controls of the paver safely
- Work closely with the rest of the crew to ensure paving operations keep moving in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor the gauges to maintain paver speed
- Line paver to the work area and ensure correct application of the asphalt
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have 3 to 5 years of previous experience operating pavers on a highway construction site
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to provide a valid driver's abstract
- Able to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Successful applicants must have access to a live in RV trailer as this is a travel position
- Applicants that reside in Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Living out allowance of $125 per day is provided
- 24/4 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day (candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule)
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Highways Construction builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!