Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Superintendent, experienced and fully competent in the profession with a strong background in structural steel and concrete. You assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff and are responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations by influencing, developing and implementing the aspects of the agreed upon field project plans and schedule, including quality control; safety, and the delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team inKitimat today!Responsibilities
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards.
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, Workers' Compensation Board or any other authorities.
- Conducts the various soil and concrete testing required to ensure the integrity of the structure and reports unusual findings to Project Manager.
- Reviews, maintains and updates the construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site and returns equipment to storage or the rental company when no longer required.
- Reviews subtrade/supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department.
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Project Manager and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes.
- Prepares field change orders to be signed by project owner or representative when requested.
- Maintains a daily log.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3 to 8 years construction experience.
- Previous experience as a Superintendent, Project Manager or similar direct supervisory role.
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education.
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Strong understanding of all the construction trades with specific expertise in structural
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Contract negotiation/management skills.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries.
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!