Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Lumber Sales professional with strong knowledge and understanding of the Forestry Trade industry both locally and internationally. You have a proven ability to communicate fluently in both English and Mandarin with your client base to advise on market lumber trends, source and quote customer requirements and communicate effectively with purchasers and producers to generate the greatest return to the Sawmill. Further to this you will have a working knowledge of the logistics, purchasing and shipping of the flow of wood as per market forecasting trends and requirements.
The Lumber Trader is responsible for conducting financial modeling, market feasibility and analysis of commodities that this role will be selling on behalf of Ledcor Resources & Transportation. This individual will conduct in-depth market research regarding a variety of commodity opportunities that arise for the division to consider transporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Sales professional in the Lumber industry to take their career to the next level! Training and guidance will be provided for junior to intermediate candidates however all applicants with all experience levels are invited to apply.
Join the team at Ledcor Resources & Transportation in our Vancouver, BC office. Apply today!Responsibilities
- Effectively conducts and communicates research findings and market insights to R&T team to assist in the day-to-day management of the operations group to enable finance to attach the appropriate costs to the inventory.
- Leverages relationships with current customers to gain market intelligence for the development of the operations group and trading lumber to yield the greatest net mill return.
- Analyzes current business opportunities for R&T division for profitability and growth potential. Explore new business opportunities by sourcing and identifying new customers and new products for the operations group to maximize utilization of current assets. Forecast production in line with market trends globally.
- Delivers actionable marketing research results to address business issues. Develops market insights that will assist the R&T executives in long term strategic planning.
- Conducts financial modeling for R&T executives to support Ledcor board presentations.
- Provides pricing recommendations to maximize divisional profitability.
- Working with external transportation partners, regulatory agencies and customers to ensure goods are shipped with proper documentation, meet all regulatory requirements and arrive at predetermined destinations, on time and in good condition.
- Coordinating sales with logistics, managing daily shipping transactions and selecting suitable transportation partners to ensure best value and timely delivery.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Marketing or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a market analyst/manager in the forest industry and commodities transportation field
- 3 - 5 years' experience in the lumber sales industry, either in a lumber trader, lumber export, lumber broker or sales position is essential
- Must be fluent in both English and Mandarin (verbal and written) as liaising constructively to build long term relationships with overseas markets is essential to the success of this position
- Proven financial modeling ability is preferred
- Basic knowledge of lumber logistics including planning, coordinating and scheduling shipping operations by ocean freight to meet customer and company requirements at the best market value
- Excellent software skills including advanced knowledge in Excel: VLOOKUP, SUM Formulas, Pivot Tables etc.
- Office based position (Vancouver or Abbotsford)
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!