Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Aerial Lineman seeking an opportunity to join a reputable company known for its' ability to provide stability, professional growth opportunities, and an award-winning corporate culture that never ceases to put safety as its' top priority.
As the Aerial Lineman, you are responsible for the daily planning and execution of aerial construction; working from man-lifts and bucket trucks, you ensure that fiber cable is properly installed and secured, to engineering specifications and industry standards.
Your developed ability to provide guidance to the other members on your immediate team, will help you achieve construction goals while simultaneously meeting the essential Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Take your career to new heights! Join our Technical Services team as an Aerial Lineman in Hartford, KY today!Responsibilities
- Safely operate bucket trucks and/or other types of man-lifts
- Install strand and applicable hardware
- Properly set span up for cable placement with the use of cable rollers
- Place fiber optic & coax cables
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Set up and utilize single or double lashing tool
- Set up and operate cable pulling equipment
- Track and communicate daily production and materials
- Oversee and coordinate logistics and crew assignments
- Train and lead new workers on day to day work practices and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 3+ years of directly related experience, working as an Aerial Lineman
- Ability to climb utility poles using climbing spikes and rigging, and experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck and/or other types of man-lifts
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in new build and pole transfers; knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and proficient knowledge of construction documents
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders' needs, and identify solutions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as needed; must be capable to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Experience working with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must; follows safety policies and procedures and wears the required personal protective equipment required for the job
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces; experienced with climbing ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license, appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven, and a clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and background check
Ability to travel as much as required
This role will be located out of our project office in Lexington, KY and will require travel both in state, and out of state
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security