Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Fibre Optic Splicer/Tester responsible for the installation, splicing and testing of Fiber optic installations. You are a part of a team who enjoys working outside building the backbone for telecommunication services. As a Fiber Optic Splicer/Tester you take pride in ensuring installations are completed and functioning properly.
Join Ledcor Technical Services inHartford,KYtoday!Responsibilities
- Splices and tests Fibre optic cabling in both underground and aerial applications
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations
- Conducts regular field inspections of buried and aerial Fibre splicing layout to ensure work quality control and adherence to technical specifications
- Other duties as required
- 2 + years of experience as a Fibre optic Splicer/Tester
- Familiarity with safety procedures when working aloft and in confined spaces
- Ability to climb poles with hooks and belt is required
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to read and understand customer provided drawings along with daily completion of time and production logs.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Travel to alternative project locations may be required
Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security