Full Time Regular Job Summary
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and management of the highway maintenance contracts, with a focus on safety, quality, integrity, environmental, scheduling, and financial performance. Using your extensive knowledge, experience and strong team, you will meet (and exceed) expectations under the contracts and on the business unit's long term objectives.
This position will be based in Edmonton, however requires 50-75% travel.
Come join our True Blue team!Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages the project teams both on the ground and in the office, to ensure the successful deliver of services to our clients. Responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of teams to attain milestones, increase client satisfaction and staying on budget.
- Manages the costs and profitability of the group through the development of, and adherence to, the business units and clients financial targets. Assists in or develops the operating budget and monitors on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, training, leadership, and management of performance of a team.
- Manages union grievances, arbitration, and contract negotiations in consultation with the IR group.
- Encourages safety awareness and supports employees involvement in the resolution of safety concerns.
- Mentors, guides and coaches' direct reports to expand their capabilities.
- Promotes and works collaboratively with safety personnel to maintain a positive HSE culture and compliance with overall HSE performance on all projects, including those with subcontractors.
- Supports and drives the implementation of innovations (Equipment, processes, technologies, etc...) to maintain efficiencies and continuous incremental improvements.
- 10+ years of experience, with a strong preference to those with a background in road maintenance or roadbuilding construction , in a similar leadership role.
- Proven history of successfully building and leading high performing teams, as well as building solid long-term relationships with clients and consultants.
- Previous exposure to a P3 (Design/Build Operate and Maintain) environment,provincial highway maintenance industry,or with government clients
- Ability to act as a facilitator and skilled arbitrator with multiple stakeholders (including executive level management) in extremely complex or critical situations and ensure business outcomes are achieved.
- Developed expertise and skill in the areas of marketing, business development and client relationships leading to repeat business and referrals.
- Ability to coach, mentor, grow and develop a team, through constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development.
- Office based role with significanttravel and field time required.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!