Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Project Coordinator is an integral part of the operations team and is responsible for supporting and coordinating the execution of the work. This involved developing and monitoring project costs, schedules, document control, and organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings. You will also be responsible for ensuring project deadlines are met and liaising with owners and stakeholders to identify solutions to problems.
This position will be based in the field and requires you to livein the local area.
Come join our True Blue team!Responsibilities
- Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of contractual documents (drawings, specifications and memos etc.); preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; tracking and reporting on key project performance metrics (daily, weekly, monthly), maintenance of project files and logs.
- Provides technical support to the field operations leadership including but not limited to; reviewing contract drawings, specifications, operational performance measures, permits, quality expectations etc.
- Supports the (sub) contract management / procurement process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply of materials; assisting with monitoring the performance and quality of services provided; reviewing and processing invoices and progress claims as well as other necessary documents and inquiries
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Ledcor Safety Program to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes.
- Continuously participate in the research, development and implementation of innovations (equipment, processes, techniques and technologies etc....) to maintain efficiencies and continuous incremental improvements in the business.
- 1-2 years' experience in construction with a strong preference to experience in road maintenance or construction
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Civil Engineering
- Previous exposure to a P3 (Design/Build Operate and Maintain) environment, or with government clients
- Experience building relationships and working in a team environment
- Knowledge of office processes; project set-up; subcontract management; change orders; RFI's; closeout; etc.
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Able to read and understand construction documents (drawings and specifications)
- Strong technical skills including advanced experience with MS Word, Excel, and scheduling software
- Understanding of Quality program. Knowledge of ISO 9001 system an asset
- Site based role with significanttravel and field time required.
- Requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Occasional on-call work.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!