Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Payroll Functional Analyst is responsible for supporting the integration of JDE with Workday for payroll processing, including discovery, design, validation and testing. During and following implementation, this individual establishes a regular schedule for review of JDE Payroll Integrities, Workday to JDE Integrities and Payroll to GL Reconciliations.
The Payroll Analyst manages payroll employee data management and post-implementation support of integrations from Workday, in addition to ongoing maintenance/evaluation in partnership with rest of HR /IS Teams as appropriate. This individual also leads payroll development projects, liaising with HR, IR, and Finance users to refine and document business requirements, develop specifications, perform testing, and monitor schedules and deadlines.
Join the team at Ledcor in Vancouver today!Responsibilities
- Supports HR's Workday implementation (as part of the Project Team) for Payroll integrations inbound and outbound of JDE Payroll, including ongoing maintenance post go live.
- Contributes to the design, validation, testing, and training throughout the implementation process, and partners with HR and Payroll SMEs, Consultants and Business Systems Analysts in IS throughout this project representing HR/Payroll Business requirements.
- Monitors the needs of the payroll JDE system and communicates requirements for changes, enhancements or service improvements to the Payroll Manager and IS.
- Manages all upgrade projects for the payroll system.
- Manages Payroll configuration update/change requests in JDE Payroll and payroll related changes in Workday.
- Assists in investigation, testing, validation and proper sign off.
- Assists in the preparation and review of documented Payroll procedures (CMS), performing periodic audits to ensure team members are following procedures as documented.
- Conducts regular (quarterly/annual) documented reconciliations and explanations of the payroll related GL accounts and Payroll Integrity reports investigation of any unreconciled items to be cleared.
- Spearheads special system-related/impact projects related to new or revised programs and policies, identifying potential risks and offering recommendations and solutions to reduce complexity and resolve issues. In addition, provides internal and external payroll reporting as required.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Payroll/HR analyst role, experience with on-premise systems (preferably JDE).
- 5+ years working in a large, complex multi-jurisdictional, multi-industry organization, multi unionized organization.
- Functional experience with payroll systems (i.e. JDE, Peoplesoft, SAP, ADP) and HCM systems (i.e. Workday, Cornerstone, JDE).
- Expertise in navigating Workday, JDE and future Payroll systems, by understanding the intricacies of data management, storage and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated expert level technical skills in MS Excel (advanced formulas, data manipulation, macros).
- Understanding government legislation, benefits contracts and collective agreements and their effect on Payroll.
- High attention to detail and strives for accuracy in any deliverables and auditable documentation.
- Adept problem solver, who can independently troubleshoot systems or data issues and get to root causes and solutions.
- Must possess an inquisitive nature and be able to challenge the status quo in a manner that promotes teamwork while embracing the need for change.
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!