Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced and hard-working individual seeking a casual opportunity in field of facilities management. In the role as Facilities Coordinator, you will assist the Marine Facilities Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre (VHFC).
This is a Part Time opportunity through the summer months with potential for ongoing work on a casual basis during the winter season.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new grad or student seeking to gain experience in the aviation and transportation industry. Apply now to join the VHFC team in Downtown Vancouver!Responsibilities
- Assist the Facilities Manager in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the seaplane terminal on a daily basis and effective seaplane operations oversight
- Assist the Facilities Manager in the supervision of all operator personnel activities within the terminal and on the docks
- Provide facility orientation and training on fuel system procedures for all operator personnel working at VHFC; monitor performance of personnel
- Oversee all aspects of the mechanical operation of the facility and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Carry out routine maintenance procedures on terminal equipment, dock, and fuel system on a scheduled basis, including minor repairs
- Maintain fuel deliveries, testing, and inspection of fuel system
- Liaise with seaplane operators on daily operations, and report to Facilities Manager
- Observe and maintain security and public safety according to regulations
- One to two years of experience in facilities coordination or in a similar role preferred
- Experience and training in facilities management and maintenance would be an asset
- Training in fuel system maintenance, or related experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining the highest safety standards
- Flexible and adaptable, with a good work ethic and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be available to work a variety of hours and shifts Monday through Sunday
The Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre (VHFC) is a partnership between the Clarke Group of Companies and The Ledcor Group of Companies. VHFC is a world class seaplane terminal designed to be an open access facility, bringing a higher level of service and new flight options to business and leisure travelers. Learn more at www.vhfc.ca .
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!