Full Time Regular Job Summary
Ledcor is looking for travel-based Horizontal Directional Drill Operators to join our team and help build telecommunications networks. Ledcor has a rich, 70+ year history of industry excellence and innovation throughout North America. This position requires 100% travel and provides opportunity for a diverse career path and longevity with an industry leading telecommunications company.
Join Ledcor Technical Services Today! Responsibilities
- Performs directional boring around and/or on utilities for fiber installation projects
- Operate HDD equipment in accordance with company and industry standards
- Maintains company equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines
- Experience working on right of ways in winter conditions
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Install conduit, vaults, cable etc. i.e. doing labor work when not operating equipment
- Maintain all equipment in good and safe working condition and report any findings to lead hand
- Take active role in Ledcor's health and safety program
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 years' experience locating for a directional drill
- Up to 100% travel necessary for this position
- Previous experience as a HDD Rig Operator a plus
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven - CDL preferred
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Strong knowledge of construction documents
- Must be able to track and communicate daily production and materials.
- Must be capable of handling logistics and crew assignments
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders' needs, and identify solutions
- Ability to work with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 50 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security