Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Document Control Assistant is responsible for the receipt, maintenance, control, and distribution of project drawings, specifications, vendor date, and manuals required to complete the scope of work.This individual collaborates closely with the project team and ensures that all information is current and distributed promptly to the applicable parties.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today!Responsibilities
- Provides support to the project/program teams by ensuring all documents and correspondence related to the project/program are being managed in accordance with established document control procedures
- Assists with the initial configuration and ongoing maintenance of the selected EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) on each project/program
- Provides initial training to subcontractors and internal team members with regards to document management and EDMS functionality, as well as provides ongoing support as required
- Creates, maintains, and communicates project/program specific document control procedures
- Provides assistance to the LTS Document Control Manager as needed (e.g. creating/updating CMS procedures, assisting on Canadian projects/programs as needed, vacation relief)
- Manages EDMS user accounts
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2-3 years in a document control role and/or document management position
- Training skills an asset
- Describe other preferred experience required for the position, including length and in what capacity (e.g., operational, management level)
- Construction and/or Telecom industry experience preferred
- Strong computer background including experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Aconex (or similar EDMS. Electronic Document Management System)
- Ability to manage time effectively and solve routine problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Flexible and able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to comfortably present in front of others
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security