Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're an experienced Project Manager with 5 years' experience leading construction projects, guiding staff, implementing the project plan, ensuring safety and quality control. You have a proven track record for meeting budgets, schedules and scope for a demanding projects and clients.
You will be supporting a national client with projects across US, requiring extensive travel for your assigned project's duration.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Creates and/or facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Previous experience as a project manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role; managing several small projects
- Completed post-secondary education in construction, engineering or related discipline an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology
- Strong negotiation/management skills
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule for multiple projects
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs, and identify solutions to non-routine queries
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Ability to influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching and consensus-building
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to travel extensively
- This role has a combination of both field and office work and you should be comfortable working in both environments
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Building Construction USADate Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security