Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Design and Engineering Director leads and develops a team of telecommunications network outside plant (OSP) design managers and their teams located across multiple offices.The incumbent will oversee end to end OSP engineering (high level design through permit receipt, red line and as built uploads), delivering the engineering component of a project on time, on schedule, on budget, and meeting safety and quality requirements. Ensuring a profitable operation of the business, continuous improvement, meeting all client deliverables, quality operation, and safe work practices.
S/he is accountable for collaborating with and enamoring our internal and external clients. Driving revenue generation with a focus on business unit growth through active bid engagement, focused innovation, sales team support, outstanding project execution, and attracting and managing highly skilled and motivated employees.Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to a team of Design Managers across assigned region. Ensures assigned teams understand and fully execute on the Engineering Division's global strategy and operating objectives.
- Meets identified internal and external metrics and other targets in terms of quality, schedule and budget.
- Monitors technological advances, emerging opportunities and trends in the sector.
- Ensures ongoing employee development and engagement within assigned region through implementation of Ledcor employee performance development and management programs.
- Actively partners with LTS Operations to find resolutions any and all issues. Utilizes creative and analytical skills.
- Supports Business Development with proposal and estimate preparation, review and costing analysis.
- Ensures scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments. Manages work to approved budgets and schedules.
- Partners with Ledcor HSE professionals to ensure Ledcor's Corporate safety program and policies are appropriately implemented across assigned region. Ensures Design Managers prioritize safety with their respective teams, into all aspects of designs.
- Holds assigned regions accountable for meeting quality and safety requirements of outside plant civil design and underground and pole transition infrastructure through regular reviews and analysis. Utilizes Quality Review team to provide feedback to designers to support regular skill development.
- Collaborates with Design Managers, Operations Team, Engineering Support and Project Management to consistently move towards process improvement and more efficiently and effectively delivering superior results.
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Design Managers for process improvements and procedural changes.
- Oversees subcontractors, including development of consistent scopes of work, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction or related field
- Minimum 8 years in the telecommunications or engineering industries or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years in telecommunications outside plant construction.
- Minimum 5 years managing telecommunication or engineering staff.
- Deep and broad knowledge of the telecommunication industry, specifically in design and/or construction of outside plant. telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Proven ability to plan and organize service delivery team workloads for multiple project deadlines and quality standards.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards including: Municipal, State and Federal.
- Fiber optic or Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) network design, GIS systems and construction experience preferred.
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng), preferred.
- Ability to lead highly effective and engaged teams who are motivated to continue to choose Ledcor each and every day.
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills with a track record of influencing at all levels including providing critical feedback to support navigating a difficult situation.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and effective decision-making skills; self-motivated.
- A positive, "can-do" attitude, with client-focused approach that focuses on first seeking to understand to diffuse challenging situation.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security