Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Blaster, who takes pride in the safe and efficient execution of surface mine blasting operations.
Ledcor is one of the few companies to offer turnkey solutions to mining companies across North America. We have the resources to prepare mine sites, extract minerals on contract for clients, build complete mill facilities, manage mine operations, and carry out reclamation activities once mining operations cease.
We are experienced working in the tough environmental conditions of the mining sector, enabling us to mitigate risks for our clients. Our aware-winning safety programs communicate our safety guidelines to our employees, subcontractors, vendors, and clients - creating a culture of safety at all levels of operations.
Join the Ledcor Mining team in Eureka, NV!Responsibilities
- Leads the blasting team in preparation of drill patterns for blasting based on loading instructions
- Organizes, directs and implements safe practices for the blast crew to complete blast pattern loading. Ensuring instructions are clearly communicated and understood by all members of the blast crew
- Complete loading and detonation of blast patterns in a productive manner to ensure timely, safe blasts in accordance with company policy and procedures, and industry safeguards and standards
- Provision of timely and complete reports to Supervisor for production, planning, equipment damage, injury, supplies, status of inventory ordering and outcomes of blasts
- Conduct weekly magazine inventory counts and inspections
- Assists in the evaluation of preliminary blast schedules and prepares general conditions reports
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 4-5 years' proven experience in a lead mine blaster role
- Proven ability to work under deadlines recognizing production targets and the importance of sufficient blasted inventory for continued mining operations
- Experience working with shot and wall control design
- Must have a strong safety culture and the ability to lead a team in maintaining safe work practices, conditions, and compliance with all policies and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Mine rescue training and experience is an asset
- Current MSHA surface certification is required
- Can successfully complete all necessary paperwork legibly and correctly
- Must be able to provide references and a proven record of safety compliance
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be able to provide a driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and physical capability requirements
- Successful completion of a background check
- Must be able to arrange own accommodations; various options available in Eureka, Ely, or nearby RV parks.
- Rotation of 5/4, 12-hour day shifts; night shifts may be required
- Ability to work overtime may be required
- Exact location of project site is 32 miles southeast of Eureka, 50 miles west of Ely; shuttle services available
- Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security