Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Loader Operator, who takes pride in the safe and efficient operation of production mining equipment in a surface pit operation. You will be operating a Cat 992k loader to move ore and waste materials to support site development operations.
Ledcor is one of the few companies to offer turnkey solutions to mining companies across North America. We have the resources to prepare mine sites, extract minerals on contract for clients, build complete mill facilities, manage mine operations, and carry out reclamation activities once mining operations cease.
We are experienced working in the tough environmental conditions of the mining sector, enabling us to mitigate risks for our clients. Our aware-winning safety programs communicate our safety guidelines to our employees, subcontractors, vendors, and clients - creating a culture of safety at all levels of operations.
Join the Ledcor Mining team in Eureka, NV!Responsibilities
- Safe and efficient operation of a Cat 992k or larger wheel loader to meet production targets
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments for all activities
- Maintain heavy equipment in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns
- Complete production reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum one year of experience in large wheel loader operation in a surface mining environment
- Knowledge of safe & productive operation of Cat, Hitachi & Komatsu equipment
- Current MSHA surface certification is required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be able to provide a driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and physical capability testing
- Must be able to arrange own accommodations; various options available in Eureka, Ely, or nearby RV parks.
- Rotation of 5/4, 12-hour day shifts; night shifts may be required
- Ability to work overtime may be required
- Exact location of project site is 32 miles southeast of Eureka, 50 miles west of Ely; shuttle services available
- Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security