Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Ledcor-Haisla Limited Partnership (LHLP) is seeking an Indigenous Affairs Liaison for the duration of a multi-year project in Kitimat, British Columbia.
The Indigenous Affairs Liaison will assist LHLP in meeting Indigenous and local inclusion commitments; be the main point-of-contact for on-site Operations; implement strategies for inclusion, engagement, and utilization of the Indigenous and local talent pool; maintain LHLP's reputation and uplift the overall LHLP brand; and track, monitor, and report on the use of Indigenous peoples for employment and businesses.
This individual will have a strong background in meeting target objectives; delivering consistent and reliable communication to the appropriate LHLP leadership; Microsoft Office software proficiency including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and will be highly comfortable engaging Indigenous peoples, LHLP management, and external stakeholders.
Join the Ledcor Civil team in Kitimat! Responsibilities
- Assist in achieving Indigenous and local commitments set out by LHLP and the client.
- Track and report on Indigenous and local inclusion statistics.
- Assist in recruiting Indigenous and local hires as needed for the project.
- Assist in building and maintaining communication between local and Indigenous communities/organizations.
- Provide guidance and advice to Operations on ways to effectively communicate with Indigenous peoples.
- In collaboration with LHLP operations, coordinate the necessary training requirements for upcoming site job placements.
- Collaborate with Ledcor Indigenous Affairs team, to ensure consistent corporate messaging and practices.
- Review and provide feedback to the project team on individual progress of Indigenous hires.
- Assist LHLP Operations and HR/Recruiting in coordinating apprentices for on-site work schedule and off-site education plans.
- Provide support for Indigenous onboarding, as required
- Act as a resource for Indigenous project hires, as required
- Assists in development of on-site strategies to improve Indigenous employee experience.
- Provides weekly reports to site operations on the use of Indigenous and local hires.
- Maintains regular communication with all groups involved with the project.
- 0 to 3 years of experience as an Aboriginal Liaison or a related role
- Degree/Diploma in Indigenous Studies, Communications or related field. Work/practical experience will also be considered
- Strong administration, time management and, organizational skills
- Strong business acumen, industry knowledge, and understanding of the local region
- Excellent computer/software skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Office/Site/Community based position
- Attendance at local trade shows, conventions, and client meetings as required
- Minimum 40-hour work week
- Some travel may be required
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!