Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Indigenous Relations Coordinator works with the Indigenous communities, leadership, internal shared services, and project teams to foster and maintain a strong relationship between Ledcor and aboriginal communities. This individual supports the Indigenous Affairs team in the implementation of its Strategic and Tactical Plan and supports all functions and activities normally attributed to the Indigenous Affairs Team.
Join the Ledcor Civil team in Edmonton. Responsibilities
- Supports the Indigenous Affairs team in engagement efforts with Indigenous communities their representatives who have direct influence on projects identified by the Operations.
- Gathers research of historical and current facts on communities and identifies key contacts.
- Supports the building and maintaining of relationships, and potentially partnerships, with those Aboriginal Communities.
- Engages communities to determine their needs and capacity for project participation.
- Understands and works within the Client's expectations and commitments to the community.
- Liaises directly with operations personnel with respect to community issues and acts as a conduit between operations and the community to resolve or address issues that arise
- Assists the departments and operations with recruitment of site specific skills from the Indigenous community.
- Assist with recruiting the best qualified candidates from the Aboriginal community
- Identifies Federal and Provincial funding as it pertains to education and training available for Aboriginal Groups
- May review and provide feedback to project team on individual progress of Indigenous employees.
- Tracking and reporting of Indigenous involvement and progress on Projects across Contractors.
- Consults with other departments and subject matter experts as required
- Visits Indigenous Communities to share information on Ledcor and its opportunities**
- Assists the Indigenous Relations Manager with
- Supports the Indigenous Affairs team's implementation of its Strategic and Tactical Plan.
- Other tasks as required **not sure if this is necessary
- 3+years' experience as an Indigenous Liaison or related role
- Degree/Diploma in Communications, Indigenous Studies or related work experience is an asset
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills; MS Word and Excel
- Strong business acumen and industry knowledge
- Excellent computer/software skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Edmonton based opportunity
- Some travel required
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!