Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experience Project Accountant that brings experience that include accounting support with a focus on accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, project reporting and project analysis . Reporting to the Project Controller, you will be responsible for the processing of the day to day accounting functions of a specific project as well as leading a small team of onsite project accounting staff.
Join our Ledcor team in Fort McMurray today! Responsibilities
- Assists with project specific reporting and analysis for internal and external clients
- Manages a small team of direct reports including directing the day to day activities of the onsite accounting team
- Administers the accounts receivable functions including LEMs, Electronic Daily Billing and invoicing
- Prepares payroll from time sheets and summary sheets for processing; processes living out allowances, and records banked time for hourly staff
- Communicates directly with clients as required
- Sets up subcontractor commitments and enters progress payments including payment to the subcontractor
- Supports equipment and fixed asset administration
- Prepares and enters Journal Entries into financial ERP system
- Provides guidance and support to the Project Management Team on financial matters relating to project
- Prepares new hire and termination documentation as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 3-5years of related accounting or analysis experience
- Accounting diploma or Degree would be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Site based position.
- Rotational shift will be assigned
- Camp and accommodations are not provided
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!