Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice seeking a dynamic role in the aviation industry to put your technical skills to use and grow your career. You will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of industrial aircraft ground service equipment. Responsibilities include; interpreting work orders and technical manuals; keeping equipment cleaned, lubricated and maintained; diagnosing faults or malfunctions and making necessary repairs in a timely manner. Directed by a qualified Heavy Equipment Journeyman your focus will be on obtaining a Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician designation.
Mechanics and fixing up a wide variety of vehicles and equipment comes naturally to you. You enjoy a new challenge every day, have a positive attitude and a "no problem" approach. After a day of work, your hands are dirty, and you feel satisfied by fixing up the old and new.
Join our great crew, you'll enjoy great benefits and be part of an amazing team in Yellowknife, NT! Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs and overhauls aircraft ground service equipment in a safe, efficient manner. Performs troubleshooting of aircraft ground support equipment on a scheduled basis and performs immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on company equipment.
- Repairs facilities in a safe and efficient manner. Conducts regular inspections of facilities for compliance and asset integrity.
- Maintains Equipment status report along with updating equipment service intervals.
- Liaises with vendors and secures favorable pricing of parts and services; initiates purchase orders.
- Keeps tools and support equipment in safe and operational working condition while maintaining a clean work environment.
- Manages equipment inventory tracking; maintains and updates equipment files.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Must be a Registered Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice or registered in a equivalent program
- Previous experience in the repair and overhaul of motorized vehicles, specific background with ground support equipment preferred
- Welding, Automotive or Small Engine certificate would be an asset
- Proven track record within the aviation industry preferred, but not required
- Experience in the use of maintenance and work order practices
- Strong and diverse mechanical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically inclined and experienced with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Must hold a valid passport and driver's license
- Dayshift working 5 days per week
- Yellowknife, NT based position
Summit Air, a Ledcor subsidiary, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted