Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a construction lawyer with 7+ years of experience seeking an opportunity to apply your skills at one of Canada's largest and most diverse construction companies.
Apply now to become part of Ledcor's True Blue team in Mississauga, Ontario!Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and support to the business regarding a diverse range of legal issues, with a focus on construction law and procurement.
- Assist project teams and senior management with the negotiation of construction contracts, subcontracts and related agreements.
- Assist project teams and senior management with project-related claims and litigation (in conjunction with external counsel, as required).
- Ensure all contract reviews comply with Ledcor's corporate risk management policies.
- Assist with the handover of finalized contracts to the business and support ongoing management of such contracts throughout their lifecycle.
- Interpret legislation and regulations relevant to the business.
- Anticipate client needs and provide legal advice and support to business leaders.
- Identify and prioritize legal risks and alternative strategies in a variety of fields.
- Anticipate business issues, investigate underlying causes and develop and implement practical solutions to legal problems.
- Anticipate, plan and conduct training sessions to business units.
- Protect Ledcor's interests through effective interaction with regulatory authorities.
- Develop and continuously improve contract practices within the businesses.
- Deal with business representatives in multiple jurisdictions.
- Meet tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities.
- Law degree combined with minimum 7-10 years of law firm or in-house construction law experience, preferably in Ontario.
- Licensed to practice law in Ontario.
- Strong corporate / commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong business acumen, creativity and sound judgment.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and sets priorities.
- Active listener, easy to approach and talk to and is composed under pressure.
- Ability to influence others when explaining / presenting complex ideas.
- Establishes clear direction to others and comfortably and clearly delegates tasks.
- Understands how to motivate others and builds effective teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of the key industry trends and market changes and develops distinct legal strategies accordingly.
- Mississauga, ON / office based position
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!