Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations to ensure that Network projects are completed on time and within budget. The Senior Project Manager leads build / construction, integration, and/or migration projects related to test, turn-up, and migration of a complex fiber build projects. The individual (designs, develops, and) implements the project plan and schedule, ensures the safety and quality of all work performed, and manages and delegates work to their project team, contractors, and trades people, as well as being a technical expert in fiber optics, OEM fiber optic network equipment, and network management. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager mentors their project staff and other managers.
Join Ledcor Technical Services- Lexington, KY today! Responsibilities
- 12+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, Network Migration/Management or related discipline an asset
- Develops, maintains and manages the network build, integration, and/or migration schedule and budget to include test, turn-up, and migration plans in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Creates and/or facilitates Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high-quality standards are maintained
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billing
- Performs other related duties as required
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, procedures, processes, current construction practices and methodology
- Solid knowledge of network test, turn-up and migration, as well as, network management
- Strong negotiation/management skills
- Comprehensive Commercial, Contract and Change Management skills
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets
- Solid understanding of project controls tools, processes and methodologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem's root causes, identify short- and long-term solutions, anticipate patterns, and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Capable of anticipating network and constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction and the network integration / migration plan and schedule
- Ability to understand and present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections, prepare case accordingly, and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Skilled in facilitation, mentoring, and conflict resolution
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Skills; Direction, Negotiating, Organization, Planning, Priority Setting, Timely Decision Making
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security