Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a lawyer with 7-10 years of experience advising on large public-private partnership (P3) and Design Build complex infrastructure projects and finance transactions in Canada or internationally, seeking an opportunity to apply your skills within a dynamic organization and growing its complex infrastructure portfolio across North America.
In the role of Senior Counsel, you will provide legal support to Ledcor's P3 Infrastructure and Constructors (linear and industrial infrastructure) Groups on certain of Ledcor's complex pursuits and advise throughout the RFQ and RFP bid submission processes, including drafting and negotiating commercial and financing documents, teaming agreements, design services agreements, and partnership agreements. In addition, you will provide ongoing advice on Ledcor's "live" P3 and other infrastructure projects.
Apply now to become part of Ledcor's True Blue team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Advise the infrastructure group on all legal aspects of the RFQ and RFP bid submission processes, and provide advice to Ledcor's business units that are involved in the design-build and/or operation and maintenance of the project
- Negotiate commercial and financial term sheets, pre-bid and joint-venture agreements
- Negotiate and assist in the preparation of definitive commercial and finance documents on successful bids through to financial close, and manage all legal aspects of the financial close process
- Provide ongoing support to the business divisions on contractual issues arising under "live" projects, including interpretation of the relevant provisions in various project documents and federal and provincial legislation and regulations
- Advise on project risk profiles and risk mitigation
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Law degree combined with 7-10 years of law firm and/or inhouse experience in corporate and contract law, with exposure to financing arrangements and negotiations of project and partnership agreements in complex pursuits.
- Strong understanding of the procurement, complex risk transfer and project finance structure on P3 projects in Canada or internationally
- Member in good standing of a provincial Law Society (with preference for British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario)
- Strong corporate / commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong business acumen, creativity and sound judgment
- Ability to deliver business focused, risk appropriate advice
- Ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and set priorities accordingly
- Active listener who is easy to approach and talk to
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment, and remain composed under pressure
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!