Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a permitting and general municipality relationship specialist with 5-7+ years of experience developing and maintaining strong working relationships with regulatory authorities that oversee municipal permitting.
You've worked in telecommunications and/or utilities, and you have a track record of establishing trust with governing entities by understanding, and being able to speak to, permitting and construction requirements. In this role, you will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders in order to gather and disseminate information, capture and understand how each municipality or agency operates, be able to work with internal stakeholders to package and deliver permits and other documents to support the municipalities needs, problem solve any issues as they arise, and engage in timely follow up, for the advancement of the permitting approval process. You will be advocating on behalf of Ledcor Technical Services and our clients and will be pivotal in ensuring a seamless flow of deliverables to the regulatory agencies and back to the organization.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Mississauga, ON today!Responsibilities
- Actively develops and maintains relationships with local governments and other permitting jurisdictions in order to obtain approved permits required for telecom projects
- Engages with external stakeholders through ongoing relationship building, consistent follow up and advocacy on behalf of the organization
- Collaborates with internal project team members to understand construction requirements in order to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities
- Liaises between municipalities and project team regarding required design changes and updates, or other constructability issues
- Prepares and submits complete and accurate permit application packages that meet the requirements of the jurisdictional permitting authorities, including applications, bonds, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Reads and understands construction drawings
- Communicates effectively with municipalities and construction superintendents to ensure notes and design edits are provided to the design team to make timely design edits or make updates themselves
- Tracks permits to meet critical engineering design due dates
- Resolves complex zoning and/or permitting issues
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized program/post-secondary institution in Business Administration, Construction, Engineering, or Engineering is an asset
- 5-7+ years of site acquisition or permitting experience
- Proven experience in developing relationships with regulatory authorities; existing jurisdictional relationships in the local market highly preferred
- Experience with design in telecom or utilities
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to research, understand and interpret jurisdictional requirements for permit application submissions
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- 50-75% local travel, primarily within Ontario
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted