Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced General Foreperson with civil construction expertise. You will be performing earth works, road building, diversion ditch construction, timber grubbing and plant site preparation. You have experience as a foreman leading a large crew, preparing on-site personnel for the project and day to day execution of work, enforcing safety regulations, following drawings and blue prints on the scope of work.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrate leadership in overall compliance of Ledcor's health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations on a daily basis
- Demonstrate ability to lead team effectively in the day to day execution of the work, manage resources, equipment, and labour
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Understand specifications, drawings, and surveying staking and able to translate and communicate this information into the physical operations in the field to ensure that the scope responsible for is being constructed to the approved plans and specifications
- Understands Ledcor's contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility
- Leads and mentors the team, responsibly, with motivation
- Builds and maintains a trusting relationship with the Client, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and direct hire trades
- Reports to the Superintendent any problems or unforeseen issues that could effect the project plan
- Understands and administers the terms of the Collective Agreement
- Assists the Superintendent in determining crew requirements during progression of work
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the Project Schedule within a specific area of responsibility
- General understanding of the Cost Structure for the specific area of the Project
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding budget expectations for specific areas of the project
- Supports the management team in ensuring quality for the client by providing the highest quality service.
- Works closely with the procurement team to take receipt and record appropriately the material and tools required
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- May perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 5 years' related project experience
- Must have previous supervisory experience on civil/earthworks projects
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Valid Driver's Licence and Driver's Abstract considered an asset
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day/night
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions in environmentally sensitive areas
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted