Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Heavy-Duty Marine Mechanic looking for an opportunity to join our marine facility based in Richmond, BC. You will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing issues on our tug boats and barges.
With new opportunities on the horizon, it's an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair of vessel diesel engines and equipment, including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Perform general and preventative maintenance on vessels
- Rebuild and fabricate engine and system parts as required
- Ensure compliance and safety in all tasks, fills out required permits & field level hazard assessments
- Completes and maintains any and all maintenance related documentation
- May perform other related duties as required
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a ticketed Heavy-Duty Mechanic, marine experience is an asset
- Superior mechanical and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated commitment to safety of self and others on the worksite
- Ability to multi-task and work on equipment in inclement weather
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively while unsupervised
- Electrical experience with 12/24/110 volt is an asset
- Previous welding & fabricating experience is an asset
- Confined space training is an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Must be capable of physically demanding work including lifting, carrying and ability to climb on tug boats and barges
- Valid BC driver's license (Class 5 minimum)
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
We offer an outstanding work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, work-life balance is encouraged and renumeration is competitive.
- Full-time position working 40 hours per week, with daily and weekly overtime as needed
- Shift rotation working 4 days on / 4 days off, 10 hours per day
- Weekend shifts with scheduled on-call evening shifts required
- Benefits as per CLAC collective agreement, including medical, vision and dental benefits, extended health, short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- This role requires working outdoors in all weather conditions
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea. We run one of the largest marine operations of its kind in southwest British Columbia, with a fleet of tugs and barges serving natural resources and industrial customers.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!