Full Time Regular Job Summary
As a Field Engineer working on this high profile LNG Project in Kitimat. You will play a key role in executing a diverse range of heavy civil scopes. Having a background working on large resources or infrastructure project, this role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with a number of years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat!Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up, creates and maintains the project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Assists with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- Civil Engineering qualifications and experience will be highly regarded.
- 2+ years of previous work experience on heavy civil project working for a self performing contractor is required.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of General construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- You will be expected to work various schedules based on the project requirements.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned
- Ability to work day and night shifts will be required
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and travel away from home will be required
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!