Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced real estate development professional with over 15 years of experience overseeing the development of mixed-use and residential (multi-family) projects. You have pioneered large-scale, phased, master-planned developments, and will parlay your expertise into successfully managing development projects.
As a member of the Ledcor Properties team, and reporting to the Sr. Vice President, you will be responsible for the planning and development of all land and infrastructure projects. Working closely with the developmentand construction team, you will be involved in feasibility analysis, pre-construction budgeting and plan check, working drawing documentation and management of contractors during construction.
You will embrace and convey Ledcor's core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability, and success. You will prove to be a highly valuable contributor who works well independently, in a team, and under pressure; you will successfully navigate multiple competing tasks in a timely fashion.Responsibilities
- Work with the development team on due diligence analysis for new opportunities. Coordinate and arrange broad scope due-diligence and feasibility studies, as required to determine critical attributes of the applicable land or infrastructure project, as they relate to revenue and cost projections
- Management of all land and infrastructure development projects. Ensure that all projects are consistent with the vision, concept, master plan, commitments to lenders, partners, purchasers and lenders
- Manage the land development entitlement process and secure all permits and approvals as required to commence with land development and required infrastructure projects
- Establish and manage design and construction budgets and schedules
- Accountable for the financial success and bottom line of all land development and infrastructure projects
- Manage the tender process and make recommendations to the SVP on the selection of the contractor
- Lead regular and routine project meetings on site with the entire project team so that issues are identified, clearly communicated, and resolved in a timely manner
- Monitor the progress of each project to ensure the project is being executed in accordance with the project plan including construction budget, construction schedule, and project quality
- Maintain construction files including contract documents, insurance certificates and claims, permit documents, consultant instructions, construction contract changes, meeting minutes and correspondence
- Deliver completed, high quality land development projects to our customers on time and within budget
- Provide prompt follow up and resolution to any post construction issues that may arise including deficiency and warranty issues
- 15+ years of relevant project experience in large-scale real estate development of mixed-use and multi-family housing
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree with concentration in construction management, business, urban planning, architecture, civil engineering or a related field
- Experience in the full development delivery cycle (feasibility through delivery) of significant land development and infrastructure projects
- Project management experience with extensive knowledge of design issues and infrastructure systems, and a working knowledge of construction materials and methods
- Significant experience in the permitting and entitlement process for land development and infrastructure projects
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing), collaborate with and understand multiple stakeholders' needs including local and regional government, private investors, lenders and community organizations
- Knowledge of construction estimating and procurement processes
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections
- Ability to ensure that decisions are made in a timely and effective manner with input from team or stakeholders
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with a variety of stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with our core values and ensures strong working relationships in the future
- Proven success and passion for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants, community stakeholders and government authorities
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to work evenings as necessary to attend various city meetings and conferences will be required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and clean driver's abstract
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security