Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an entry level or skilled Labourer who has experience working in the pipeline industry and familiar with cathodic protection installation work.
Join the Ledcor Industrial Maintenance team. We will only consider local applicants or from nearby communities at this time.Responsibilities
- Install cathodic protection materials such as anodes, coke breeze, cables, junction boxes etc.
- Complete splicing of cable
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Maintain all equipment and tools in good and safe working condition and report any findings to supervision
- Act as a swamper for heavy equipment (applies for skilled labourer role)
- Operate skid steer with various attachments such forks & buckets (applies for skilled labourer role)
- Ability to operate UTV's and towing trailers with pickup trucks
- Move equipment and materials between sites
- Participate in daily tool box talks and take active role in Ledcor's health and safety program
- Other duties as assigned by site supervisor
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years construction experience around pipelines for skilled labourer and 1 to 2 years for entry level labourer
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks as needed
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Ability to work with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Previous direct cathodic protection experience is an asset
- Applicants that reside in North Bay and surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 10/4 shift rotation working 10 hours/day with travel on first and last day of days off when working outside of North Bay
- 5/2 shift rotation working 10 hours/day when working within one (1) hour of North Bay Office
- LOA will be paid when staying out of North Bay except on last day travel back home; No LOA on days off
- Must be flexible working different or shorter shift rotations if required
- Health, dental and extended health benefits provided by CLAC
- RRSP contribution provided by Ledcor
- Contribution Pension Plan offered by CLAC
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work in various outdoor weather conditions
- On-the-job-training and career development
Ledcor Industrial Maintenance offers a bright and exciting future working with a long term client. The role of our ideal applicant is to ensure that our client's needs are met while also expanding our portfolio for future services to be offered.
When you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.