Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Foreman with mining expertise. Your leadership skills are apparent in the safe work practices and quality of work performed by your crew. You will be responsible for implementing the field aspects of the agreed upon project plan and schedule, which includes quality control, safety, and the delegation of work to field employees.
Ledcor is one of the few companies to offer turnkey solutions to mining companies across North America. We have the resources to prepare mine sites, extract minerals on contract for clients, build complete mill facilities, manage mine operators, and carry out reclamation activities once mining operations cease.
We are experienced working in the tough environmental conditions of the mining sector, enabling us to mitigate risks for our clients. Our award-winning safety programs communicate our safety guidelines to our employees, subcontractors, vendors, and clients - creating a culture of safety of all levels of operations.
Join the Ledcor mining team in Eureka, NV! Responsibilities
- Ensures overall compliance of Ledcor's health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations daily
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams effectively in the day to day execution of the work by managing resources, equipment, and labour
- Reports to the Superintendent any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Coordinates and communicates with the other Foreman and plant personnel to ensure the correct sequencing of operations
- Liaises with the Blasting Supervisor regarding blast timings, movement of equipment and personnel, road blocks and any other related matters; participates in the development of short-term mining and blast plans
- Completes daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Inspects equipment regularly and ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Ensures ongoing maintenance of haul roads to agreed standards
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 8 - 10 years of supervisory experience of which a minimum of 5 years should be in mine operations
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- Familiar with mining/heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology and practices
- Current MSHA surface certification is required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be able to provide a driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and physical capability testing
- Must be able to arrange own accommodations; various options available in Eureka, Ely, or nearby RV parks.
- This is a project-based assignment is 32 miles southeast of Eureka, 50 miles west of Ely; shuttle services available
- Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
- May have to work varying shifts
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security