Full Time Regular Job Summary
As a Superintendent working on this high profile Project initially based in Burnaby, You will play a key role in the successful execution of the project. Originally coming from a trade or operator background you will have extensive experience working as a superintendent on earthworks and utilities scopes. This role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with a number of years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Burnaby!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in the health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors.
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Ensures that projects are built in according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained.
- Experience interfacing with local communities representative throughout remote northern communities.
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required.
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to project team members.
- Supervises employees and sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Qualified trade or operator background will be highly regarded.
- 7 years+ of civil construction experience as a Civil Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience in bulk earthworks and utilities relocation scopes is required.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can
- influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- Facilitation and mentoring skills - ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus building.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Site based role, rotational shift will be assigned
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!