Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for understanding the contract baseline, educating the team on the baseline and the associated deliverables, preparing change requests, leading the implementation of changes to include coordination with the Operations Manager. The Commercial Project Manager must be an expert in contracts and contract review to ensure compliance with contracts related to the Service Provider. The Commercial Project Manager will support the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth functioning of day to day operations of the network. The Commercial Project Manager must have construction, integration, and/or network management experience. The individual will lead the development and implementation of the project plan / schedule, ensures the safety and quality of all work performed, and manages and delegates work to their project team, contractors, and trades people, as well as being a technical expert in fiber optics, OEM fiber optic network equipment, and network management. Additionally, the Commercial Project Manager mentors their project staff and other managers. Responsibilities
- Is an expert in Contract Management, Baseline Management and Change Management, and can manage the team to ensure compliance with all portions of the contract.
- Develops, maintains and manages the network build, integration, and/or migration schedule and budget to include test, turn-up, and migration plans in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Creates and/or facilitates Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high-quality standards are maintained.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Performs other related duties as required
- 12+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Commercial / Contract Management and/or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, Network Migration/Management, Business Management, or related discipline an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, procedures, processes, current construction practices and methodology.
- Solid knowledge of network test, turn-up and migration, as well as, network management.
- Ability to understand complex contract language and clearly communicate the impacts to the rest of team
- Strong negotiation/management skills.
- Comprehensive Commercial, Contract and Change Management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Solid understanding of project controls tools, processes and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and anticipate stakeholder needs.
- Ability to determine a problem's root causes, identify short- and long-term solutions, anticipate patterns, and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
- Capable of anticipating network and constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction and the network integration / migration plan and schedule.
- Ability to understand and present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections, prepare case accordingly, and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Skilled in facilitation, mentoring, and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- This is an office and field based position
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security