Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Financial Analyst is responsible for performing a range of financial analysis and accounting duties to support forestry and marine operations. This individual leverages knowledge of cost accounting and data management to provide reporting and analysis, while supporting business development initiatives.
Apply and join the Ledcor team today!Responsibilities
- Prepares and analyzes operational KPIs, providing support to the business through the preparation of weekly and monthly flash reports. Prepares profit and loss statements and provides regular feedback on marine route profitability. Develops harvesting blocks proformas and measures block profitability. Leads process improvement projects to minimize operational inefficiencies.
- Supports Marine business development quotes through advanced data analysis and costing. Prepares and presents return on investment (ROI) and internal rate of return (IRR) measurements for new projects.
- Conducts month-end close procedures for both marine and forestry operations, including the preparation of all month-end journal entries, variance analysis and management financial reporting. Reconciles balance sheet accounts to General Ledger to assess reasonability of accruals, reviewing with management and making adjustments as required.
- Completes annual operational budgets and rolling weekly forecasts to support marine and timberland operations.
- Provides direction and mentorship to Operations Administrator, including development of new customer billing templates. Oversees invoicing and receivables reconciliation functions
- Performs day-to-day management of financial data related to timberland and marine operations.
- Demonstrated experience in operations and accounting with well-rounded knowledge of cost accounting concepts and practices, including internal controls
- Experience in the forestry / marine industry an asset; industry experience in manufacturing or transportation an asset
- Data management experience and knowledge of basic programming language is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced skills with accounting software; experience with JD Edwards or another large ERP system an asset
- Strong analytical aptitude with excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for collaboration with both internal and external clients
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
- Team player who works effectively with limited supervision
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- This position with be based out of Vancouver, BC
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!