Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Project Manager with Industrial Construction project experience. As the Project Manager, you will assume a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff. You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations by influencing, developing and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team on site today!Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards.
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual.
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience working for a General Contracting Industrial
- Construction company.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Professional Engineering, Technology designation and/or Journeyperson certification is an asset.
- PMP designation is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology.
- Strong negotiation/management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs, and identify solutions to non-routine queries.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Ability to influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching and consensus-building.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Site based position in Canada, location to be determined.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!