Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Tug Master looking to leverage your proven skills and knowledge of Fraser River and coastal BC waters in a challenging and rewarding marine environment. With opportunities for leadership and career development, you will join our dedicated vessel operations team. Our main operations center is based in Richmond, BC.
With new opportunities on the horizon, it's an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!Responsibilities
- Ensures the vessel crew meets Ledcor Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and follow safe operating procedures
- Operational control and knowledge of tugboat in all aspects of towing barges and ship assists
- Interacts closely with crew and management and manages the day-to-day operation of vessel and crew
- Communicates with shore-based team to promote efficiency and safety in the entire operation
- May perform other duties including operating heavy machinery as required
- 3 to 5 years' sea service towing barges and/or towing logs on the Fraser River and the BC Coast
- Must have a minimum 60 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency and preferably a 150 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency. The Company may require Certificates of Competency to be upgraded from 60 GT to 150 GT to meet operational needs. The Company will support the cost of training for those who are required to upgrade their 60 GT Certificate of Competency to a 150 GT Certificate.
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Marine Emergency Duties for Officers (MED C) or Marine Emergency Duties for Senior Officers (MED D)
- Valid Canadian passport
- Knowledge of tides, waters, coastlines, marine hazards and the weather, and knowledge of how these factors impact on each voyage
- Knowledge of relevant Port Authority operations procedures and regulations and demonstrated competence in Collision Regulations (Canada Shipping Act 2001) and familiarity with international shipping regulations
- Must have experience navigating and operating twin screw vessels on the Fraser River, particularly North Arm and South (Main) Arm; familiarity with Fraser River bridges and bridge transit restrictions from Marpole to Mission
- Knowledge, familiarity and demonstrated skill in maintaining vessel machinery and navigation electronics
- Must have Coastal experience at a minimum from Victoria to Campbell River
- Must be familiar with towing tandem barges in tight quarters under couplers and tandem towing on deep sea gear
- Strong communication, supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent tug/barge safety record and demonstrated boat handling skills
- Ability to meet Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol testing requirements
- Scheduled shift rotation
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Handling heavy lines and wire bridles and operating heavy machinery (deck and anchor winches) from time to time
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel and wood chips by land and by sea. We run one of the largest marine operations of its kind in southwest British Columbia, with a fleet of tugs and barges serving natural resources and industrial customers.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!