Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Project Engineer who, under direction and guidance, provides technical and/or management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team in Fort McMurray!Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up and master filing system; assists with the set up of project billings and the cost accounting system; creates and maintains the project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Supports the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Manages the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Facilitates the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals.
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organizes project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Working towards or has completed post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- 0 to 2 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience and familiarity with commercial construction methodology and practices in a general contracting environment
- Experience with commercial projects with project values in the multi-million dollar range
- Able to read and understand construction documents.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, and scheduling software
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Capable of responding to standard internal or external Client requests.
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures.
- Capable of proactively participating in discussions, asking questions, ensuring understanding and provides explanations clearly and precisely.
- Willingness to works co-operatively with others to achieve team goals and objectives
- Site based position
- Rotation shifts
- Fly in, Fly out position
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!