Full Time Regular Job Summary
As Infrastructure Administrator, you will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of servers, hardware, software and infrastructure for the Ledcor Group of Companies.
If you are looking to develop and share your knowledge - join the Ledcor IS team in Vancouver today!Responsibilities
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems infrastructure.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain IT systems within local and other Ledcor locations, such as servers, firewalls, network switches and routers, etc.; work under the direction of senior Ledcor IT personnel in this regard, where required.
- Ensures data integrity and security of all data stores.
- Ensures the access security of the Ledcor systems.
- Apply Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Document, update and maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Provide Tier III support by investigating and troubleshooting technical issues escalated from the team.
- Drive and potentially lead Ledcor office relocations and expansions from a systems and infrastructure perspective.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3 -5 years of Infrastructure administration experience.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related experience.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Some exposure to Azure and Microsoft Cloud hosting.
- Solid technical understanding of networking methodologies and strong Operating Systems knowledge and troubleshooting skills required primarily on Microsoft systems with a secondary in Linux an asset.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining virtual infrastructure including VMware and Hyper-V.
- Experience working with DNS/DHCP/Active Directory/Group Policies.
- Working knowledge of scripting language, preferably PowerShell.
- Outstanding customer service, communication and documentation skills, as well as ability to interact and communicate with team members globally.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and skillfully.
- Experienced with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) methodology and practices is an asset.
- Strong teamwork skills with an ability to demonstrate flexibility, autonomy and a desire to make things happen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a commitment to customer service.
- Scheduled on call support will be required.
- Travel to Ledcor remote offices/sites will be required.
- May be required to work outside of regular office hours.
Our Information Services (IS) team ensures our teams stay connected to each other and have access to technology that supports the growing demands of our business. With services ranging from technical support to software development and enterprise systems management, our IS team supports all of Ledcor's technology needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!