Full Time Regular Job Summary
The MS SQL Database Administrator is responsible for managing and resolving issues in alignment with the service level agreements, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems, and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within established timeframes.
If you are looking to develop and share your knowledge - join the Ledcor IS team in Vancouver today!Responsibilities
- Provides 24/7 support of production database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by internal business systems.
- Oversees design, development and administration of MS SQL databases.
- Conducts performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of MS SQL databases.
- Oversees management and maintenance of back-ups and recovery procedures.
- Installs and maintains database server, replication and client environments.
- Designs database policies and procedures to ensure security and access control.
- Provides support and assistance to development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications, and in the provisioning of development and testing environments.
- Creates and maintains SQL queries and routines; writes ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various reporting requirements.
- Deals with complex data models and object relational database mapping, while producing complex reports.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades the SQL server, operating system and related tools/services.
- Allocates system storage and plans future storage requirements for the database system.
- Creates primary database storage structures for newly designed applications, and creates related primary objects (tables, views, indexes).
- Modifies the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of production enterprise support experience with medium-to-large 24x7 MS SQL database.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of working experience in a technology role .
- Solid experience with Windows Server 2208, 2012, 2016 and Active Directory.
- Nice to have: Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) and Oracle experience.
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL 2014\2016 with production support experience in a multi-project environment.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Query including tuning.
- MS SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- MS SQL performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities.
- MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- MS SQL Streams and Advanced Replication administration.
- Powershell scripting, exposure to Microsoft Cloud (Azure).
- Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Experience of working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to prioritize on the fly.
- Experience of supporting multiple teams within a business.
- Knowledge of XML\JSON.
- Good documenting skills.
- Excellent communicator, with a service-oriented mentality.
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of problems and requests.
- Quick learner, with an ability to problem solve high pressure issues.
- Office -based
- Scheduled on call support will be required
- Travel to Ledcor remote offices/sites will be required
- May be required to work outside of regular office hours
Our Information Services (IS) team ensures our teams stay connected to each other and have access to technology that supports the growing demands of our business. With services ranging from technical support to software development and enterprise systems management, our IS team supports all of Ledcor's technology needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!