Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Telecommunications Technician with experience maintaining telecommunication systems as well as accurately locating underground fiber optic lines. You enjoy working in the field, on different sites, and with different telecommunication systems throughout your day. You are committed to safety, quality and a best in class approach to customer service.
Join Ledcor Technical services in Ottawa today!Responsibilities
- Operate testing equipment to pinpoint the location of underground telecommunication utilities
- Identify and mark the location of underground facilities
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Test, install, troubleshoot and repair telecommunication services
- Complete customer orders dispatched on a daily basis in a defined geographical area
- Interpret job order tickets
- Read blueprints and maps
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the Telecommunications industry
- Experience working with Fibre Optics is an asset
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Team player with both excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Travel will be required, including overnight stays and out-of-town assignments/training
- On-call availability including some mandatory overtime, weekend and holiday work when necessary
- Work environments include different types of terrain (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
*LTS Technicians*Date Posted