Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Project Expeditor who is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of post award activities for permanent materials on large Constructors projects. You will spearhead all expediting activity in coordination with internal and external designates, each responsible for the multiple transitions between Purchase Orders award and Material receipt at a project site.
Join our Ledcor team in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Pro-active expediting of documents and materials per agreed terms of purchase
- Utilize Materials Management systems for vendor and date management
- Develop and execute recovery plans for delivery slippage and vendor performance issues
- Investigate and/or constructively escalate backorder issues and communicate outcomes to impacted parties
- Produce scheduled Expediting Detail Reporting for the projects
- Working closely with Project Buyers, Project Planners; warehouse designates and field stakeholders to support the daily material post award activities.
- Verify the expediting process throughout the material lifecycle
- Expediting Subject Matter Expert for the Core Management System (Procedural) documentation
- Create and foster positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- High school diploma; minimum 2 years of experience with expediting functions or equivalent purchasing experience
- Experience with Intergraph Smart Materials or comparable materials management system(s) an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share point and Visio
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities
- Enjoys working in a busy fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent keyboarding abilities
- Energetic personality and the ability to multitask
- Detail oriented and record keeping skills
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!