Full Time Regular Job Summary
We are seeking multifaceted, self-motivated, customer service focused individuals to be part of our team. This position is great for people who enjoy working outdoors and operating independently with a best in-class approach to customer service.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team today.Responsibilities
- Understand and interpret customer SOWs (EDPs) and be able determine in-scope and out-of-scope installation tasks
- Have an intimate knowledge of GR 1275 and installation workmanship guidelines
- Extensive traveling required
- Be an expert on the following:
- Chassis installation - including grounding & DC power
- Card installation
- Signal Flow (Network Element and System)
- Fiber/Ethernet cabling (NC&T)
- DC Power
- Fiber Connectivity and Signal Flow (Inter-bay, Intra-bay, Line Fibers and Client Side Terminations)
- Ethernet Cabling
- Power up, Commissioning, Provisioning of DWDM platforms
- Standalone testing - optical power levels, specs, insertion losses on fibers
- End to End BER (Sonet) and Ethernet testing
- Authoring of MOPs
- Execution of MOPs
- Good written, oral and customer service oriented skills
- Be able to communicate and guide field team members
- Be able to multi-task
- Understanding of Telcordia GR-1275 standards
- Thorough understanding of DC power engineering and installation
- Good working knowledge of PCs - must be proficient in the use MS Word, Excel, Visio, email, web browsers, terminal emulators (i.e. Putty or HyperTerminal), FTP software (i.e. WinFTP).
- GR-1275 Training
- Nokia 1830 and Infinera certifications are desirable
- Additional industry certifications (i.e. AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, etc.) are desirable
- This position requires extensive travel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security